Distribution Specialist Level 1
Max MatejikPosition: Distribution Specialist Level 1
Reports To: Distribution Manager
A Distribution Specialist Level 1 is expected to perform duties to assist in achieving company goals of on time and line fill by completing shipment preparation of finished goods orders for domestic and international customers. Through specific job training, the Distribution Specialist shall perform their job functions within the authorized procedures of the Edmund Optics Distribution Center.
- Must be able to perform 1-11 essential functions in the Distribution Center. These functions include but are not limited to:
- Put away & label packed, received, and assembled items into inventory as required
- Provide additional packing to parts that don’t come in our packaging
- Pick & Pack customer orders using scanners and order verification software
- Receive/Unload all incoming shipments from vendors and receive into system
- Operate Numina/package and fill station
- Timeliness and regular attendance are required
- Preform Mailroom duties as needed
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations
- Maintain good housekeeping as required by 6S practices
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Able to count and verify merchandise
- Ability to learn SAP
- General reading and writing skills
- Able to stack and load products
- Follow all safety rules and procedures
- Must be able to work weekends and overtime as required
- Detail Oriented
- Quick Learner
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
High School or equivalent; no warehouse experience required.
Adequate manual dexterity to perform essential functions; ability to use some physical efforts in the handling of heavy materials, boxes or equipment (most tasks require no more than 50 lbs. lifting); position requires about 70% standing; ability to work in warehouse environment.
Edmund Optics shall, in its discretion, modify or adjust the position to meet the company’s changing needs. This job description is not a contract and may be adjusted as deemed appropriate in the employer’s sole discretion.