Product Support Engineer (Machine Vision/ Imaging)
Edmund Optics (EO) is a leading manufacturer and distributor of optics, imaging, and photonics technology. EO's state of the art manufacturing capabilities combined with its global distribution network has earned it the position of the world's largest supplier of off-the-shelf optical components. Supporting the R&D, electronics, semiconductor, pharmaceutical, biomedical, and military markets around the globe; EO products are used in a variety of applications ranging from DNA sequencing to retinal eye scanning to high-speed factory automation.
Edmund Optics India was set up in May 2019 and is responsible for sales, marketing, distribution, and application support for a wide product range throughout India. India is one of the main growth markets for Edmund Optics globally, leading to a rapidly expanding and developing local team.
- Act as an initial point of contact for all product support requests from customers.
- Assist customers promptly and professionally via phone, chat, and email.
- Understand customers’ needs and make appropriate recommendations based on their application or requirement.
- Willingness to travel to customer places for technical discussions.
- Help sales team with required product / technical support to complete sales cycle.
- Represent the company at trade shows, technical conferences etc.
- Improve technical expertise and expand knowledge of the products regularly.
- Communicate customer requests and industry trends to other departments to help Edmund Optics to better service the market.
- Willingness to work in rotational shifts of different time zones & work in weekends for 24x7 support.
- Strictly adhere with company policies, procedures, regulations & guidelines.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Basic knowledge and technical aptitude in optics / precision engineering or a related field.
- Basic understanding of imaging technology & ability to choose machine vision components based on the application.
- Customer-focused attitude who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in active listening and effective communication
- Capable of critical thinking, deductive reasoning, and problem solving.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Capable of keeping track of numerous ongoing customer conversations
- Requires minimal supervision and direction.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering / Optics / Physics, or related field.
- 1-2 years of hands on experience as application engineers in machine vision / imaging solution design or related field will be preferred.
Edmund Optics provides extensive training programs and internal development opportunities as well as a range of employee benefits including employee provident fund, personal medical insurance, and flex benefits. The overall employment package is highly competitive with the aim of attracting the best talent available.
Edmund Optics shall, in its discretion, modify or adjust the position to meet the company’s changing needs. This job description is not a contract and may be adjusted as deemed appropriate in the employer’s sole discretion.