Product Support Engineer (Optics)
Edmund Optics (EO) is a leading manufacturer and distributor of optics, imaging, and photonics technology. EO's state of the art manufacturing capabilities combined with its global distribution network has earned it the position of the world's largest supplier of off-the-shelf optical components. Supporting the R&D, electronics, semiconductor, pharmaceutical, biomedical, and military markets around the globe; EO products are used in a variety of applications ranging from DNA sequencing to retinal eye scanning to high-speed factory automation.
Edmund Optics India was set up in May 2019 and is responsible for sales, marketing, distribution, and application support for a wide product range throughout India. India is one of the main growth markets for Edmund Optics globally, leading to a rapidly expanding and developing local team.
- Assist customers via phone, chat, and email with product selection and integration for their application
- Fill custom optics requests and vet based on Edmund Optics’ manufacturing capabilities.
- Provide post-sales support in the form of troubleshooting and RMA creation
- Collaborate with other departments within Edmund Optics to improve technical expertise and expand knowledge
- Partake in projects designed to streamline internal processes and improve the customer experience
- Provide sales support for key accounts.
- Understand customers’ needs and make appropriate recommendations based on their application.
- Develop relationships with customer's customer and end customer, planners and decision makers.
- Develop and drive emerging industrial fields with a focus on optical communications, industrial, automotive, R&D, Manufacturing and Life Sciences end markets.
- Participate in local tradeshows to meet new customers.
- Able to travel and visit customers.
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Basic knowledge and technical aptitude in optics or a related field
- Basic customer service skills and phone etiquette
- Capable of critical thinking, deductive reasoning, and problem-solving
- Ability to review, edit, and draft technical documents such as specification sheets, application notes, etc. Knowledge of Optical software such as Zemax and Tracepro preferred.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Available to work in shifts over weekends.
- Strong understanding of emerging market vertical value chain, market and competitor dynamics
- Able to travel and visit customers.
- Able to keep track of optics industry based on innovative applications, projects and collaborations, competitor’s info, activities in R&D centre.
- Should have relationship building skills with customers and industry.
- Ability to easily and successfully work in a multi-cultural, global team environment
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and complex issues involving external and internal priorities
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Minimum: Associates degree or Bachelor’s degree in Optics, Physics, or related field.
- Preferred: Master’s degree in Optics, Physics, or related field. Fresher are welcomed but preferred to one or two years of work experience in a technical sales or engineer position.
Edmund Optics provides extensive training programs and internal development opportunities as well as a range of employee benefits including employee provident fund, personal medical insurance, and flex benefits. The overall employment package is highly competitive with the aim of attracting the best talent available.
Edmund Optics shall, in its discretion, modify or adjust the position to meet the company’s changing needs. This job description is not a contract and may be adjusted as deemed appropriate in the employer’s sole discretion.