Product Content Curator
Position: Product Content Curator
Reports To: Product Release Manager
The Product Content Curator is a pivotal member of the Marketing department responsible for curating all product content information. This person ensures EO’s products are accurately and consistently represented across all marketing channels, with emphasis on the website and major catalogs. The type of information to source and post includes: product descriptions, imagery, features and benefits, technical specifications, and availability. This person must maintain and quality-control all product data for accuracy, grammar, and completeness, including coordination of translations with international offices. The web-related duties of the Product Content Curator are extensive, detailed, and require in-depth knowledge of EO’s web upload tools and a thorough understanding of EO’s product categories and hierarchy, across all business lines. This position entails attention to detail and excellent communication, organizational, adaptability, and time-management skills.
- Work with product leads to collect, research, organize, and deliver relevant product content within pre-determined timeline.
- Establish workflow and approval processes.
- Ongoing quality control of product data for accuracy, consistency, standardization, and completeness.
- Daily monitoring of Marketing Ticket System; assign tickets to appropriate parties.
- Assume responsibility for any product error tickets, research and take prompt corrective action as needed, disseminate information to stakeholders.
- Maintain standardization of product presentations and information across all platforms, including any type of content management or product information system.
- Use knowledge of product availability and status to assist in selection of products for use in marketing materials and on website, including homepage banners, landing pages, brochures, print and digital ads, press releases, etc.
- Website product maintenance, to include but not limited to:
- Implement product upload
- Coordinate and execute the Launch Date / Go Live process and notifications
- Combine / rearrange product families and categories
- React to empty categories or product families
- Transfer stock numbers from one PID to another
- Add clearance flags to stock numbers online; carry out RCD upload
- Create specification types and groupings, change slider bars when necessary
- Fix broken links on website; check urls for accuracy
- Upload product photos and art files to website
- Print production assistance, to include but not limited to:
- Assist with catalog and literature creation by collecting content as selected by PLM; coordinating production with Design Services
- Ensure catalog and brochure production schedules are being met; work with PLM, PRG, and Content teams to keep product and content release on track
- Create and maintain Master Pagination File for each catalog
- Maintain Catalog and Brochure Correction Files, ensuring all changes to online copy are recorded and updated in all print materials
- Active member of Grammar Review Team
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Adobe Acrobat, WebAdmin (internal)
- Experience in copywriting and editing required; experience in technical writing a plus
- Experience in Project Management or Traffic Coordination
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to perform detail-oriented work
- Excellent analytical skills
- Working knowledge of digital and non-digital marketing techniques and platforms
- Willingness to work with others across departments and show strong team spirit
- Able to manage heavy workload of multiple, concurrent projects and priorities
- Basic product and technology knowledge
BA/BS in English, marketing, business, or equivalent work experience required.
Ability to operate office equipment such as a copier; ability to see details at a close range; ability to sit at desk or PC for long periods of time; work in office setting.
Edmund Optics shall, in its discretion, modify or adjust the position to meet the company’s changing needs. This job description is not a contract and may be adjusted as deemed appropriate in the employer’s sole discretion.