Product Support Engineer I
Position: Product Support Engineer I
Department: Sales (Product Support)
Reports To: Product Support Manager
Edmund Optics, an industry leader in the design, manufacturing, and sale of precision optics and optical components for over 75 years is hiring! As a global, family-owned company, employees are key to our success. Our culture is at the heart of everything we do, and the company’s Core Values demonstrate our commitment to act as one family, do what is best for the customer, drive innovation through continuous improvement, and to be proud of what we do. As we work to continue to be technological leaders in the industry, we seek those who are prepared to learn, engage, grow, and enable the future through optics.
Responsible for providing customers with application-specific solutions by utilizing Edmund Optics' technical expertise, standard catalog products, and custom capabilities.
- Assist customers via phone, chat, and email with product selection and integration for their application
- Field custom optics requests and vet based on Edmund Optics’ manufacturing capabilities
- Provide pre-sales support in the form of quotes, pricing, and availability
- Provide post-sales support in the form of troubleshooting and RMA creation
- Log customer interactions (including inquiry type and resolution) using Dynamics CRM
- Collaborate with other departments within Edmund Optics to improve technical expertise and expand knowledge
- Partake in projects designed to streamline internal processes and improve the customer experience
- Report to work station and be ready to work at scheduled time
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with known disabilities to perform the essential functions provided that such accommodations do not impose an undue hardship on EO. Any employee who believes they require reasonable accommodations should notify EO’s Talent Management and Development Department.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Basic knowledge and technical aptitude in optics or a related field
- Basic customer service skills and phone etiquette
- Professional demeanor
- Proficient in active listening and effective communication
- Capable of critical thinking, deductive reasoning, and problem solving
- Ability to review, edit, and draft technical documents such as specification sheets, application notes, etc.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Capable of multi-tasking and tolerating a high level of stress
- Requires minimal supervision and direction
- Preferred: US citizenship or permanent residency (green card)
Minimum: Associates degree or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Physics, or related field.
Preferred: Master’s degree in Engineering, Physics, or related field. Two to four years of work experience in a technical sales position.
Ability to sit at desk or PC for long periods of time; work in office setting.
Edmund Optics shall, in its discretion, modify or adjust the position to meet the company’s changing needs. This job description is not a contract and may be adjusted as deemed appropriate in the employer’s sole discretion.