Production Control / Scheduler
Position: Production Control / Scheduler
Department: General Manufacturing
Reports To: Supply Chain Manager
The Production Control / Scheduler is responsible for production and materials planning to satisfy customer requests on time. This role executes the daily production and purchasing activities to assure smooth materials flow in the most cost effective way.
- Responsible for planning and purchasing raw materials, semi-finished and finished goods through the manufacturing operations, including subcontracting activities with suppliers and vendors
- Analyzes the MRP and trigger proper actions such as material setup, production orders and purchase orders
- Maintains production schedules as well as follows up production order status to provide quick responses to production issues
- Collaborates with production and warehouse staff to address production needs
- Other logistics duties as may be assigned
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures and regulations
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Strong analytical and required computer skills
- Knowledge of SAP, or experience using an ERP
- Experience with MRP, manufacturing processes and purchasing activities preferred
- Proficiency with spreadsheet software – Excel
- Ability and motivation to learn new concepts and tools to apply them autonomously
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks
- U.S. Citizenship or permanent residence required
A Bachelor's degree or equivalent related experience
Ability to sit for long periods of time at a desk and/or PC; work in manufacturing environment; ability to lift 20 lbs.
Edmund Optics shall, in its discretion, modify or adjust the position to meet the company’s changing needs. This job description is not a contract and may be adjusted as deemed appropriate in the employer’s sole discretion.