Position: Quality Manager
Department: Quality Assurance
Reports To: Operations Manager
QM is responsible for creating/maintaining quality standards and procedures and owns all aspects of the Root Cause/Corrective Action process (CARs, SCARs, SDRs). The Quality Manager (QM) will assist the Dir of Compliance in the overall development, implementation, and maintenance of the organization’s Quality Management System (QMS). Other responsibilities include aligning the QA department to meet the needs of its internal customers and speaking with customers and vendors regarding quality related issues.
- Assist with internal QMS audits and the training and coordination of audit teams
- Report to top management on the performance of the QMS (e.g., results of quality audits, corrective actions), including the need for improvement
- Assists TMD with training and cross-training programs
- Responsible for Change Control process (ICN/ACN)
- Assist with periodic management review meetings
- Owns the timely and thorough communication to customer on all quality related issues
- Ensure customer SCARs are thorough and delivered on-time
- Follow up with SQE/suppliers/EO factories on EO issued SCARs
- Coordinates special testing/Engineering resources needed to address quality issues
- Responsible for all customer service related quality matters:
- Customer report cards (logging, trending and follow up)
- QMS surveys
- Customer audits
- On-site visits to customer facilities to resolve quality issues
- Oversee product recalls
- Understand metrology/inspection gaps and recommend equipment/training investments as well as Quality Systems software platforms
- Understand metrology and inspection requirements for new products prior to release
- Responsible for product QC plans and overall sampling strategy
- Understand the needs of our external customers, internal customers (Sales, Supply Chain, Business Lines, and Manufacturing) and suppliers. Ensure QMS properly addresses those needs.
- Follow up with customers regarding quality related topics
- Lead and participate in problem solving and kaizen events throughout the organization
- Analyze data and trends using appropriate statistical analysis tools
- Monitor and report on CAR trends. Use data and CAR analysis to support and identify areas for improvement, corrective and preventive actions
- Monitor and report on customer returns
- Ensure suppliers and EO Manufacturing facilities conform to all customer requirements (proper documentation, labeling, etc.)
- Lead continual improvement of QMS processes and help develop new QMS processes
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures and regulations
- Contribute to overall management team
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions required.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to develop and maintain strong internal and external relationships to help solve quality and performance issues
- Excellent communication, organization, customer service and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience leading a Quality organization is desired
- Working knowledge of Six Sigma, Lean Principles and other statistical analysis Quality Tools
- Working knowledge of MIL-PRF-13830B, MIL-STD-810, ISO 10110, ISO 9001, ISO 13485, ISO 16949 and AS9100 QMS in a Manufacturing Environment
- Experience in problem solving and quality improvement processes and teams
- Knowledge of optical testing and inspection methods/equipment desired
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office applications and experience with statistical software
- BS Degree in Engineering or related disciplines and 10 yrs experience related to Manufacturing or Quality Assurance
- Experience with Quality systems and reporting (corrective action, root-cause, AQL sampling, data reporting)
- CQE, CQA, 6σ Black Belt certifications preferred
Ability to lift up to 30 pounds and operate office equipment such as a copier; ability to see details at a close range; ability to sit at desk or PC for long periods of time; ability to travel.
US Citizenship or permanent residence required.
Edmund Optics shall, in its discretion, modify or adjust the position to meet the company’s changing needs. This job description is not a contract and may be adjusted as deemed appropriate in the employer’s sole discretion.