Position: Test Engineer
Reports To: Engineering Manager
Edmund Optics, an industry leader in the design, manufacturing, and sale of precision optics and optical components for over 75 years is hiring! As a global, family-owned company, employees are key to our success. Our culture is at the heart of everything we do, and the company’s Core Values demonstrate our commitment to act as one family, do what is best for the customer, drive innovation through continuous improvement, and to be proud of what we do. As we work to continue to be technological leaders in the industry, we seek those who are prepared to learn, engage, grow, and enable the future through optics.
The Test Engineer has an Optics, Physics, or Engineering background and has demonstrated skill and initiative to develop test processes and procedures. The Test Engineer takes part in product development, custom designs, and product maintenance. The Test Engineer is self-directed and can work independently.
- Develop optical performance and system tests and test devices
- Assist in the evaluation and feasibility study of new designs
- Work on various projects as assigned by management
- Organize and follow through on assigned projects in an independent manner, including project schedule
- May be required to use shop and power tools to modify parts or equipment
- Develop new fixtures and tooling for internal products and customers
- Assist with development of new products for the catalog and customers
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with known disabilities to perform the essential functions provided that such accommodations do not impose an undue hardship on EO. Any employee who believes they require reasonable accommodations should notify EO’s Human Resources Department.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Strong understanding of optical specifications and measurement practices
- Capable of leading and performing objective/subjective test evaluations of optical components and assemblies
- Capable of performing data analysis
- Read and understand assembly drawings, blue prints, work instructions
- Intermediate/advanced computer and mechanical skills
- Ability to assist in additional engineering capacities where seen fit
- Ability to assist in training of other employees
B.S. Degree in Optics, Physics, Engineering or related field
Ability to occasionally lifts, carries, or moves objects up to 50 pounds; ability to sit or stand for long periods of time; work in office and/or lab setting.
Edmund Optics shall, in its discretion, modify or adjust the position to meet the company’s changing needs. This job description is not a contract and may be adjusted as deemed appropriate in the employer’s sole discretion.