IT Systems Administrator
Edmund Optics® (EO) is a leading producer of optics, imaging, and photonics products for R&D, electronics, semiconductor, pharmaceutical and biomedical markets around the globe.
For supporting our efforts within the European Market, Edmund Optics is looking for an
IT Systems Administrator
The IT Systems Administrator is responsible for the local IT infrastructure and the smooth running of user services. They ensure that resources are always available, accessible, up to date and complete. They will also be responsible for coordination, execution and implementation of local systems and services in line with the corporate policies on IT, and to liaise with local service providers as required.
Tasks & Duties:
- Administration and maintenance of user operating systems (Windows and Mac), New user setup, permission settings etc.
- Administration of MS Windows services including DNS, DHCP, AD, Exchange, Skype etc.
- Coordination with external service providers for server infrastructure, communications, maintenance and back-ups, including:
- Monitoring of Back-up success
- Ensuring uptime of key services
- Addition or removal of services or servers to meet demand
- Application of hardware and/or software upgrades to maintain level of service
- Asset tracking, end of life and replacement
- Support the inter-office Mitel phone system and co-ordinate with local provider when required.
- Co-ordinate and maintain key communications such as Phone, fax and data services.
- Mobile phones services and coordination with local provider.
- Ensuring non-windows systems such as conferencing system, WLAN, printers, scanners and web filters etc. are maintained in an operational state.
- Creation and maintenance of thorough documentation in English and German.
- Scheduling and minimizing any downtime, when required for hardware/software replacement and/or upgrades.
- Ensuring data destruction and/or secure wipe of old assets prior to scrapping
- Staying current with new technologies and developments and how they apply to EO systems and users.
- Collaboration with other EO divisions as necessary.
- In exception circumstances, be available to assist on weekends or after hours.
- Computer Science education or comparable.
- Multi-year proficiency and experience in IT infrastructure and IS, particularly domain administrator expertise
- Extensive knowledge of Windows and MAC operating systems including:
- Windows 10
- Server 2019
- Exchange 2013/2019
- Active Directory
- Office 365 Administration
- Self-motivated, organized individual with an ability to work both independently and as part of a wider international team.
- Strong desire for continuous self-improvement.
- Ability to multitask and rapidly problem solve.
- Desktop software knowledge of:
- MS Project
- Microsoft Office PC and MAC: 2013, 2016, 2019, O365
- Adobe InDesign
- Dynamics CRM
- Cisco AnyConnect VPN
- Fluent in German and English, additional languages are a plus.
- Positive appearance, highly self-motivated, excellent communication, interpersonal and intercultural skills.
We offer a versatile, challenging and self-dependent position at competitive conditions within our dynamic and successful corporation and operating in a growing and future-proof industry. You will have the opportunity to work with highly motivated and open-minded people, self-driven and with a great team spirit and can expect a high level of responsibility and strong impact in an entrepreneurial environment. Workplace will be in Mainz. The position is should be filled asap.
If you are interested, please address your complete application including your salary expectation to:
Edmund Optics GmbH, Isaac-Fulda-Allee 5, 55124 Mainz, Germany