Position: Software Developer
Department: Information Systems
Reports To: IS Manager
The Software Developer designs, develops and maintains the applications software and systems that support the company’s functional business departments (including Inventory Management, Manufacturing, Finance and Sales).
- Designs and develops software and web applications required to support core business applications
- Maintains existing applications
- Develops interfaces between in house developed and 3rd party applications
- Ability to review plans and designs by business stakeholders and translate them into software
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Working knowledge of underlying Microsoft based infrastructure and operating systems
- Excellent knowledge of relational database structure using Microsoft SQL Server
- Detail-orientation for software development, design and system test scripts
- Ability to work efficiently and meet project deadlines with minimal supervision
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong work ethic and willingness to take ownership for a wide-range of responsibilities
- Demonstrated ability to work collegially and collaboratively in a team environment with diverse internal and external constituents
- Ability to remain intellectually curious, and flexible to new technologies
- B.S. in Computer Science or comparable work experience
- 5+ years experience as a strong, hands-on web developer for internal or external web applications
- 3+ years custom application development
- Software and web development testing experience
- Technical architecture and web design skills
- Microsoft based development tools (Visual Studio/Team Foundation Server)
- Database design in support of web systems
- SAP R/3 experience a plus
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM experience a plus
Ability to lift up to 15 pounds and operate office equipment such as a copier; ability to see details at a close range; ability to sit at desk or PC for long periods of time; work in office setting.
Edmund Optics shall, in its discretion, modify or adjust the position to meet the company’s changing needs. This job description is not a contract and may be adjusted as deemed appropriate in the employer’s sole discretion.