Declaration on the obligation to provide information for the collection of personal data in accordance with the EU Basic Data Protection Regulation Article 13
Our company, Edmund Optics GmbH, Isaac-Fulda-Allee 5, 55124 Mainz, collects your personal data on the occasion of company events, trade fairs and customer events for the purpose of electronic marketing. The processing of personal data is based on your consent and on the legal basis pursuant to Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. a) of the GDPR.
The personal data will be processed by the employees of Edmund Optics GmbH for the above mentioned purposes. When processing personal data, we may rely on processors such as event service providers, IT service providers or shipping service providers. Such people may receive your personal data as well. If our group company or our service provider is located outside the European Union or the European Economic Area, we will transfer your personal data to a third country. The transfer takes place on the basis of an adequacy decision pursuant to Art. 45 GDPR by the European Commission or on the basis of standard data protection clauses pursuant to Art. 46 para. 2 lit. c GDPR. The standard data protection clauses are available on the websites of the European Union: https://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/international-transfers/transfer/index_en.htm
Your personal data will be stored for as long as it is required to fulfil the above-mentioned purposes. It will be deleted or blocked as soon as the purpose of storage no longer applies. Personal data may also be stored if provided for by European or national legislation in EU regulations, laws or other provisions to which Edmund Optics is subject.
You have the following rights under the General Data Protection Regulation:
1) Right of access: You can request information pursuant to Art. 15 GDPR about your personal data processed by us. You should specify your enquiry in your request for information in order to make it easier for us to compile the necessary data.
2) Right to rectification: If the information concerning you is not or no longer accurate, you can request rectification in accordance with Art. 16 GDPR. If your data is incomplete, you may request that it be completed.
3) Right to erasure: You can request the erasure of your personal data under the conditions of Art. 17 GDPR. Your right to erasure depends, among other things, on whether we still need the data concerning you to fulfil our statutory duties.
4) Right to restriction of processing: Within the scope of the provisions of Art. 18 GDPR, you have the right to demand that processing of your personal data be restricted.
5) Right to object: Pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR, you have the right to object to the processing of your data at any time for reasons arising from your particular situation. However, we are not always able to comply with this, e.g. if legal regulations oblige us to process personal data within the scope of our official task fulfilment.
6) Right of complaint: You have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority. The competent supervisory authority for us is the
Regional Officer for Data Protection and Freedom of Information of Rhineland-Palatinate (LfDI Rheinland-Pfalz), Hintere Bleiche 34, 55116 Mainz, Telephone: 06131 / 208-2449
The data protection officer of Edmund Optics GmbH can be reached at [email protected] .